Monday, September 21, 2009

Pronghorn Hunt

This last week has been a lot of fun for us. JD, Grandpa Bryan, his friend Leo, and myself all drew antelope tags. The hunt started Saturday, September 12 and ends tomorrow. We took all last week off to go down south on the Plateau to hunt the antelope. It was a blast. We want to definitely put in for this hunt again. JD & I both had a lot of chances at many different antelopes. Some were really big and others were okay. It was a lot of fun to ride the four-wheelers with my family and of course hunt. My Grandpa Bryan wasn't able to make it down for the hunt and we really missed him and my Grandma. I hope they will be able to come with us on the deer hunt in October. Below are some fun pictures of the antelope we killed.


JD shot his at 235 yards Monday evening.


I shot mine just over 200 yards on Wednesday afternoon.

Leo shot his between 250 - 300 yards on Thursday morning. I think he won the contest for the biggest antelope shot in our group.


I have no idea how to score an antelope, but JD & I measured ours from the base to the tip just to see who's bigger. JD's was 11" long and mine was 10 3/4". Only a 1/4" taller, BUT mine was a 1/4" thicker at the base and 1 1/2" wider than his. But who really cares right.

No comments: